Thursday, January 27, 2011


 
 


  In Spite of All
~~~~~~~~~

That night we met I sensed in time, somehow our lives would be entwined
Yet never did I percieve my being here

Believe in what I say as true, my care runs deep and wide for you
though scarce the time I've had to let it show.
I never meant to change your life by adding burdens,doubts or strife
But guilty as charged I am, of the above.
But if this child I carry now could bring you joy someway, somehow
that's all that I could possibly hope for.
I'll never ask a thing of you,  go your way - if so you choose
this heart will hold no blame nor enmity.
Just remember this one thing...no power on this earth could bring
me to destroy this child inside of me.
And though this choice you may despise, I beg of you to realize
No greater love there is - than for a child.
The paths we walk are ours to choose and out of making love with you
we now face the consquence of fate.
Contrary to popular belief, conception is a life complete
a human life accomplished there and then.
 Whether you believe in God - buddah, zen or some demi-god
a life is life no matter where or when.
But I'm not here to preach or pounce, I'm just freeing thoughts abounce
in and round the corners of my mind.
In closing now I've one more thought; No love can be sold nor bought
At least not love that dares to be true.
So if you hold no love for me, then go your way with conscience free
I'll always wish the best in life for you.
And if inside your mind you keep_questions on what fate I'll meet
Then be assured, I'm bound to survive.
I'll love this child you've given me, with all the love that love can be
So together we'll go on -In Spite of all.
 ©.# 84 Mea.*(Written in 1983)* 

1 comment:

Jessica Brooke said...

this is so beautiful..I would not want to abort a child if I had one now. this is lovely!