Friday, January 11, 2013


Lestat

Somewhere back in time there came a moment
Where everything that I could hope was gone
*In between the hour of joy & sorrow
The tolling of a clock stopped every song.

Somehow all my life became transparent
Everything I'd done or dreamed to do
*In between the wants & what's it good for
I became a duplicate of you. 

Something strange inside began to shapen
All that I had been became undone
*In between who cares & all that matters
I vowed my allegiance to just one.

Critical of what I saw before me
Embarrassed and ashamed of all behind
*In between the fact of it & fictions
Overweight with emptiness inside.

Loosing any trace of future promise
keeping tabs on fallen souls I'd won
*In between a life & not worth living
Paying homage to the dead and gone.

Careful- I befriend the tossed and lonely
Solitude is best for those our kind 
*In between the saved & I'll be damned for
Impaled by the endless pangs of time.

So my life is lost in translutations
Wear the mask that hides my bitter half
*In between the who I am & once was
Biding time to peel away my wrath

Feeding on despairs of past tomorrows
Enlightened by the cup of what's to come
*In between the flailings & the failures
I raise tainted fang to everyone. 

~~ 
Eu te asteapta, cu fiecare l-a batut de inima. 
Al dumneavoastra cu adevarat..Lestat
... 
 © #187 Mea.
 

3 comments:

alex-ness said...

Overweight with emptiness whoa!

CHARLAX said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

Awesome! great take on Ann Rices's Lestat! **applaudes** Sula~